These sentence starters with pictures are an easy way to differentiate writing assignments for your beginning writers. These picture writing prompts are a fun and simple way to give your students an opportunity to practice writing 5-star sentences about winter.
Sentence starters are a great tool to help beginning writers learn how to form sentences and how pictures and words work together to tell a story. Teachers can use these winter themed writing prompts to help struggling writers feel successful by scaffolding writing expectations to meet the needs of each learner.
Every page includes a 5-star writing checklist for students to self-check their work and a way for students to start their sentences. These winter writing pages have images of kids doing different things in the snow and various winter scenes. They are perfect for kindergarten students and kids who are reluctant to write.
Save time and energy with this low-prep sentence starter pack! Teachers can use these pages to create writing journals or as individual copies for a writing center or independent writing time. You can use the different options to differentiate to meet the needs of your writers. Check out the preview for a more detailed look!
Included in this resource:
- 2 different cover options
- 12 different summer picture writing prompts (shoveling snow, snowman, building a snowman, making a snow angel, snow plow, wearing a snowsuit, skiing, winter weather, snowboarding, feeding birds, drinking hot chocolate, and ice skating)
- A writing checklist on each page
- 1 set with sentence starters
- 1 set with traceable sentence starters
- 1 set without words
- 1 blank writing page
➜ Please contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com.
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders