These Thanksgiving picture writing prompts are a great tool to help kindergarten students and beginning writers to learn how to properly write sentences. Teachers can use these writing prompts to support struggling or reluctant writers to feel successful by scaffolding writing expectations to meet the needs of each learner. Save time and energy with this low-prep sentence starter pack!
Every page includes a 5-star writing checklist for students to self check their work and a way for students to start their sentences. These Thanksgiving writing pages have images of kids doing different things in the fall and various Turkey Day scenes.
Teachers can use these pages to create writing journals or as individual copies for a writing center or independent writing time. You can use the different options to differentiate to meet the needs of your writers. Check out the preview for a more detailed look!
Included in this resource:
- 2 different cover options
- 7 different fall picture writing prompts (watching the parade, the Mayflower, pilgrims, watching football, pumpkin pie, mom cooking, what I'm thankful for, what I like to eat)
- A writing checklist on each page
- 1 set with sentence starters
- 1 set with traceable sentence starters
- 1 set without words
- 1 blank writing page
➜ Please contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com.
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders