Teachers can use these spring picture writing prompts to help struggling writers feel successful by scaffolding writing expectations to meet the needs of each learner. Save time and energy with this low-prep sentence starter pack!
Sentence starters are a great tool to help beginning writers learn how to form sentences and how pictures and words work together to tell a story. Every page includes a 5-star writing checklist for students to self-check their work and a way for students to start their sentences. These spring-themed writing pages have images of kids doing different things outdoors and various spring scenes. They are perfect for kindergarten students and kids who are reluctant to write.
Teachers can use these pages to create writing journals or as individual copies for a writing center or independent writing time. You can use the different options to differentiate to meet the needs of your writers. Check out the preview for a more detailed look!
Included in this resource:
- 2 different cover options
- 12 different summer picture writing prompts (bird eating a worm, flowers, puddles, hatching bird, bird nest, rainbow, melting snowman, butterfly, fly a kite, water plants, baby animals, and bunnies)
- A writing checklist on each page
- 1 set with sentence starters
- 1 set with traceable sentence starters
- 1 set without words
- 1 blank writing page
➜ Please contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com.
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders