Sentence starters are a great tool to help beginning writers learn how to form sentences and how pictures and words work together to tell a story. Teachers can use these picture writing prompts to help struggling writers to feel successful by scaffolding writing expectations to meet the needs of each learner. Every page includes a 5-star writing checklist for students to self-check their work and a way for students to start their sentences. These fun, summer-themed writing pages are perfect for kindergarten students and kids who are reluctant to write.
Save time and energy with this low-prep sentence starter pack! Teachers can use these pages to create writing journals or as individual copies for a writing center or independent writing time. You can use the different options to differentiate to meet the needs of your writers. Check out the preview for a more detailed look!
Included in this resource:
- 4 different cover options
- 12 different summer picture writing prompts (fireworks, swimming, camping, sandcastle, watermelon, turtles, ice cream, seashells, roasting marshmallows, crabs, and carnival rides)
- A writing checklist on each page
- 1 set with sentence starters
- 1 set with traceable sentence starters
- 1 set without words
- 1 blank writing page
➜ Please contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com.
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders