These fall picture writing prompts are a great tool to help beginning writers learn how to properly write sentences. Teachers can use these autumn writing prompts to help struggling writers feel successful by scaffolding writing expectations to meet the needs of each learner. The sentence starters are perfect for kindergarten students and kids who are reluctant to write. Save time and energy with this low-prep sentence starter pack!
Every page includes a 5-star writing checklist for students to self-check their work and a way for students to start their sentences. These autumn writing pages have images of kids doing different things in the fall and various autumn scenes.
Teachers can use these pages to create writing journals or as individual copies for a writing center or independent writing time. You can use the different options to differentiate to meet the needs of your writers. Check out the preview for a more detailed look!
Included in this resource:
- 2 different cover options
- 10 different fall picture writing prompts (raking leaves, squirrel gathering nuts, jumping in leaves, leaves falling from trees, the leaf, apples, picking pumpkins, the pumpkin, picking apples, and the scarecrow)
- A writing checklist on each page
- 1 set with sentence starters
- 1 set with traceable sentence starters
- 1 set without words
- 1 blank writing page
➜ Please contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com.
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders