Kick off your school year and welcome new students with these adorable Camp Kindergarten resources! Make a great first impression while saving time and sanity with these low-prep activities and materials.
Helping students and their families feel comfortable at the beginning of kindergarten is important to set yourself up for a successful school year. These printables and activities make planning a welcoming and fun Camp Kindergarten (orientation or meet the teacher day) easy!
In this value-packed bundle, you'll find tons of great ideas for practicing kindergarten readiness skills, easy-to-prep activities and crafts, as well as screening assessments to use to get to know your new students. There are even parent information sheets ready to send home to give families practical tips and ideas for developing kindergarten skills at home!
What's included in this bundle? *Please note this is a growing bundle! The Rescue a Reading Buddy set will be added soon! When it is added, you can download it free from your my-purchases tab!
- 4 Craft Station Templates
- Names on marshmallows
- Name Writing Practice Page Station (add your students’ names)
- School Tools Practice Page Station (to practice coloring, gluing, tracing, cutting, etc.)
- Even More Station Ideas and Printables
- Build with Cubes (numbers to 10)
- Counting Bears (patterns and sorting)
- Build animals with pattern blocks
- 3 Hat or Headband Options
- Assessment Screening Tool
- Bulletin Board Printables
- Student Name Tags
- Tips and suggestions for setting up Camp Kindergarten
- A PDF with 3 different assessment screening options
- A teacher recording page and corresponding student assessment page for each option
- Instructions on how to give the assessments.
- 3 Google Sheets spreadsheet options to organize your data
- PowerPoint document with editable templates for student assessment page and recording page.
❯❯❯ For the editable templates, you will need to download and install 2 free fonts to ensure proper formatting.
- Best Ways to Help at Home Flyer
- Building Fine Motor Skills Flyer
- Building Number Sense Flyer
- Phonemic Awareness Flyer
- Practicing Sight Words Flyer
- Practicing Phonics Flyer
- Great Games for Number Sense Flyer
- Great Games for Reading Skills
- Fun Education Apps Flyer
- Blank, Editable PowerPoint Template to create your own You will need PowerPoint to use the editable templates.
- Students will love reducing (or adopting) a pet bear to be their reading buddy for the school year to promote a love of reading!
- This resource includes customizable signs, certificates, rescue forms, and more. Everything you need to set up a Bear Rescue Agency in your classroom!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have other themes?
Is this resource editable?
No, this is not an editable resource. However, there are a few parts that are customizable. You can edit the names on the 3 name practice worksheets and you can add names to some of the signs and name tags.
Will this work in preschool?
This resource is designed to be used with incoming kindergarten students, however, you may be able to use parts of it in preschool as well.
→ You can contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com