Looking for an alternative to traditional homework that is developmentally appropriate for your kindergarten classroom? Want to get rid of homework altogether but you are still required to assign it? This monthly homework choice board is the perfect option! These homework menus are similar to homework calendars but activities are not assigned to specific days. There are 20 fun activities to choose from ranging from math skills to life skills to play! Worksheets are included for some activities, but not required to be used.
In addition to traditional academic skills, fun activities like playing a board game and going on a nature walk and life skills like memorizing phone numbers are included. This packet is extremely low prep and designed to actively engage families in the learning process and reinforce kindergarten skills in a fun way.
- Instructions for how to use
- Homework Choice Board with 20 choices
- Editable, blank homework choice board (Must have PowerPoint to edit. The worksheets are NOT editable.)
- Instructions & materials list for parents
- 10 corresponding worksheets
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders