The first week of kindergarten is very exciting and at times overwhelming for both students and teachers. It can be hard to know where to even begin to start planning. These first day lesson plans and activities give you a place to start your preparations for the first 5 days of school.
Take the stress out of planning your first few days of the school year. Save time with ready-to-use ideas, printables, and lesson plan templates to give yourself a solid starting point.
Teach students your expectations and how to use their school tools with these easy-to-use printables and lesson ideas. Keep track of the procedures and routines you need to teach and practice with the suggestions and editable checklist.
Introduce school tools (like pencils, scissors, and glue) and manipulatives (like connecting cubes and mini erasers) with engaging activities. Complete a first day of school name writing and self portrait, too!
Use the dismissal tags so everyone gets home safely. Make fun first day of kindergarten hats to wear home. Celebrate the first week with student certificates. You'll get extra read aloud suggestions, fun brain break ideas, and more!
What's Included in this Resource?
- 5 Days of Lesson Plan Ideas with low-prep activities and printables (with editable PowerPoint)
- Procedures and Routines Checklist (with editable template)
- Printables for learning to use School Tools
- 2 sets of Math Activities
- Easy-to-prep Coconut Tree Craft Activity
- 1st Day of Kindergarten Hats
- Visuals to Teach Hand Washing
- Dismissal Tags
- 1st week of Kindergarten Certificates
- Read Aloud Ideas List
- Brain Break Suggestion Links
➜ Please contact me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
© Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders