Are you looking for a fun activity for your students to do during Open House or a new project based learning activity to try? Want to help to encourage your students to read?
Adopt a reading buddy pet is a perfect solution!
►►► Need more tools to assess kindergarten readiness skills and to set up an orientation day? This bundle has everything you need!
Set up a pretend ocean rescue agency in your school or classroom and allow students to “adopt” their very own sea or fish themed pets! They can choose a pet to take care of, fill out pet adoption papers, and more! Students will love getting to choose a reading or homework buddy with this fun beginning of the year activity. These could be added to your dramatic play area, too. Set up an adoption site in your classroom today!
Use the customizable/editable signs to add your classroom or school name to make the project unique to you and your students. You can also use these signs to create a dramatic play station for your PreK or kindergarten students.
Included in this resource
- A PDF with all pages and the ability to add your school name to some signs
- A PowerPoint with certificates, signs, and other templates that you can customize for your students
- Directions and suggestions for how to use this resource
- 2 Full page rescue agency signs (color and black & white)
- Half page and 3 to a page sign options
- 5 color choices and a black & white option for directions signs (add your own directions in PowerPoint)
- 4 choices for adoption or rescue applications
- A parent letter (editable template, too)
- 2 Reading Log options (with editable directions)
- Name tags to label pets (variety of sea creatures or just fish, with or without guidelines in color or black & white)
- 4 journal cover options
- 3 blank journal pages
- 3 adoption certificate options (in color and black and white)
You will need PowerPoint to add your names to these templates. Most of the text is NOT editable and none of the images are moveable.
→ You can contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders
There are no reviews yet.