Make introducing the short vowels and CVC words fun and interactive with these easy-to-prep anchor charts and CVC worksheets. These charts were developed with the science of reading in mind to help students to practice building and decoding CVC words with short vowel sounds.
In this resource, you'll keep students actively engaged in learning about the short vowel with these eye-catching anchor charts and corresponding student worksheets. Your students can work along in their workbooks as you create the anchor chart as a class.
There are 3 different activities included for each short vowel as well as corresponding worksheets. You can use the worksheets while you complete the charts, as a center, or for independent practice. These anchor charts are great for whole group lessons or for small reading groups.
What's included in this resource?
- Anchor Chart pieces for 15 anchor charts (3 for each short vowel – a, e, i, o, u)
- Each vowel has 3 different activities – building CVC words, reading CVC words, and sorting pictures by short vowel sound.
- Directions and examples for assembling the anchor charts
- Corresponding student worksheets for each activity
- The vowels include options for short vowel sounds, long vowel sounds, as well as CVC words with medial short vowel sounds.
→ You can contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders