Are you looking for a way to include social emotional learning in your ELA block? Need a way to teach your young students about their feelings and emotions? This unit of mini lessons is perfect for including SEL instruction in the primary classroom! With this pack of lesson plans, you can start teaching about feelings and emotions today!
In this print and use pack, you will find 11 different mini lessons to teach emotions complete with writing activities and picture book recommendations! This has everything you need to do 10-15 minute minilessons on feeling and emotions with your young learners!
What's included in this resource?
- 11 lesson plans for the following emotions: disappointed, content, worried, frustrated, shy, confident, angry, nervous, joyful, lonely, and grumpy
- Each lesson plan has directions and materials to create a circle chart, kid-friendly definition, opportunities for students to share, a relatable story with an illustration, and a picture book recommendation
- 3 writing prompts and worksheet options
- 2 craft extension ideas
- Picture book recommendation list
- Tips for teaching the lessons
→ You can contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com
Created by © Amy Murray – Teaching Exceptional Kinders